Cultural Fests, Competitions and Activities
Achievements of / Recognitions won by Students
Apart from participation in the HR, Finance and Marketing clubs in the Institute, our students have been taking active part in fests and competitions held outside the Institute and winning due recognition. They have also been contributing their bit to the advancement of social causes. A snapshot of details in this regard is as follows:
- On 15th July, 2011, “Ingenium 2011” – a Talent Hunt was conducted by our students in Chowdiah Memorial Hall, Bangalore
- On 27th August, 2011, our students donated blood in a ‘Blood Donation Camp’ held in the Institute, which was organized by M S Ramaiah Memorial Hospital.
- On 7th and 8th October, 2011, our students actively participated in a national-level Finance and Cultural Event – “FINERGY” organized by Christ College, Bangalore. They won prizes in the Finance Event and in the Dance Competition.
- On 29th October, 2011 our students participated in ‘Human Awareness Ribbon’ at Police Grounds to create awareness about breast cancer. The event was organized by Health Care HCG Ltd.
- On 29th and 30th October, 2011, our students participated in “Chanakya”, the 15th National Student Management Games (NSMG-2011) organized by AIMA.
- Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation has been conducting Bus Day celebrations on the 4th of every month, publicizing through different media to promote public transport in the city of Bangalore. In response to an open invitation from BMTC for innovative posters (inclusive of slogans) for Bus Day celebrations in the month of September, our students submitted their entry and won the cash prize of Rs. 15,000/- for the best poster design.
- On 4th and 5th November 2011 our students participated in a management fest ‘Shatranj- 2011’ organized by the M S R College of Arts, Science and Commerce and won a prize in the Finance event.
- On 10th & 11th November 2011, our students won prizes in various events of “VERVE 2011”, a national-level management and cultural fest organized by St. Joseph’s College of Business Administration, Bangalore
- On 10th, 11th and 12th November 2011, our students organized ‘FINOWLEDGE 11’- an intra-college knowledge fest in the finance domain.
- During 9th-12th December, 2011, two of our students presented a paper titled ‘Envisaging the Feasibility of Developing a Flexible Brand’ in the Eleventh Global Conference on Flexible Systems Management organized by IIM-K.
- In the “Global Stock-Picking Competition-2012” conducted by Amba Research, 138 teams from India’s B-Schools including IIMs participated. Three teams participated from MSRIM and won the third prize of INR 50,000/-
- In the contest “E-Cube”, a quest for managerial talent hunt organized by KPIT Cummins in five major cities (Bangalore, Chennai, Mumbai, Pune and Delhi), 125 students from 25 colleges participated. The team from MSRIM stood among first four. The team was declared as Zonal Round Winners and was presented a cash prize of Rs. 5000/-.
- In the Management Fest conducted by Vivekananda Degree College, the team from the Institute won a prize in ‘The Business Quiz’ contest.
- A National level event called ARCHISH 2012 was organized by Indus Business Academy in Bangalore on 16th and 17th of March 2012. “Finance Vertical” was a sub-event in which 26 colleges participated. The team from MSRIM secured 1st place, winning four highly competitive rounds. The team was awarded Rs.3,500/- in cash and gift vouchers worth Rs.2,500/-.
- In the Open Day 2012 conducted at the Indian Institute of Science on 03/03/2012, from amongst the various B-schools of Bangalore, MSRIM made an impact as the team won the first prize in “Advantage” contest and bagged second prize in the Management Skit. In individual events too, the Institute’s students bagged second and third prizes. Overall, the Institute bagged more than half a dozen prizes.