At RIM prominence is given on not only making the student academically brilliant, but also true leaders and team players, thus preparing the student for the corporate world. Guest Lectures seeks to improve students’ first-hand knowledge of contemporary business practices. For this, eminent speakers from the Industry and prominent Institutions are invited to impart knowledge and enlighten students with their ideas and experiences. Guest Lectures seeks to improve students’ first-hand knowledge of contemporary business practices.
Distinguished Lecture Series
The Institute also conducts “Distinguished Lecture Series” by eminent industry experts, which aim to give the students a practical approach to the corporate world.
- Shri K. Parashivaiah, IRS, Additional Commisioner of Income-Tax, Bangalore. He delivered a session on “Traditional wisdom in achieving excellence.”
- Smt.S.A.Panse, Executive Director, Vijaya Bank. The theme of her talk was“Customers, Capital and Computerization-the three most important “C”s of Banking”
- On 28th Sep 2016, Mr. Mahesh Bhatia, Executive Director – Dimensional Securities Pvt. Ltd, delivered a lecture on the Stock Markets, Latest Mechanism of Online Trading.
- On 24th August 2016, Mr. Dhruv Kumar, General Manager of ACT Fibernet delivered a lecture on the Management leadership and its effectiveness.
- On 16th August 2016, Mr. Lakshman Kumar, Mr. Suresh Subramanian and Prabhu Subramaniam delivered a lecture on ‘Branding and Advertisement’.
- On 3rd Aug 2016 a guest lecture by Ms.Monica Alex-Manager-Learning and Development-Himalaya Drugs Company on the topic ‘Myths and challenges in HR job market’
- On 3rd February 2016, the operations club organized a Guest lecture focusing on Lean Six Sigma -lean management and six sigma. The key note speaker was Mr.Ashokan, Director of De Quest Management Services.
- On 19th Oct 2015 a guest lecture on the topic- ‘Insights on Research, How research can help provide solutions on Consumerisation , Innovation, Marketing and Sales Effectiveness’ by MS. Banupriya Sudhakar, Director , Retail Measurement Service, The Nielsen Company on the 19th Oct, 2015.
- Marketing Club on “Introduction to different channels of Digital Marketing” by Mr. Ranjan Jena, Founder and Director-eMarket Education on 23rd September 2015.
- On 10th Sep, 2015 on the topic “Sexual harassment at Workplace”, the resource person was Ms.Anjali Menon-Partner-Poovayya & Co. Guest lecture on “HRIS and HRD Audit” by the speaker Mr. Shaju John, who is presently an independent HRD consultant focusing on People Capability Development and OD Interventions was held on 29th Sep, 2015.
- On 4th Sep, 2015 on “Mentoring as HR Intervention” delivered by Mr. Jeba Kumar (former President of NIPM )
- On 22-07-15 , Guest Lecture was arranged on the topic:”Broadband Industry & role of BTL”. The Resource person was Mr.Rajeev Naidu, General Manager, M/s.ACT TV.
- On 27-02-15 , there was a guest lecture on Young Drivers and Road Safety Resource person: Dr. Ashish Verma,Assistant Professor (Dept. of Civil Engg. &CiSTUP),IISc, Bangalore ,Co-Editor (Special Issues), Transport Policy, ElsevierPresident (TRG – http://www.trgindia.org) , Country & Area Representative (CAR), Member (Scientific Committee), WCTRS Chair (SIG H3) & Co-Chair (SIG G6), WCTRS.
- On 3rd February, a Guest Lecture was Organised by The Times of India Group on Leadership Lecture Series on the topic: The Emerging paradigms/dimensions in Managemen. Mr. Harish Bijoor, Brand Expert & CEO of Harish Bijoor Consults was the Resource person.
- Guest Lecture on “Traffic Training Program” in association with the Traffic police Department on 17th January, 2015. The topic was Awareness on Traffic solutions and new technologies used by the Traffic Police Department.
- Colloquium 36 on 28th January 2015, witnessed talk by guest speaker Ms.RobynSpens, Global Bridger in the United Kingdom on the topic: “Cultural Intelligence: A Relevant Management Tool for the 21st Century.
- Guest Lecture on 15th December, 2014 on Significance of Economic Freedom, Strengthening Security and Expanding Trade by Ms. Becky Norton Dunlop -Vice President-The Heritage Foundation and Fr. Director of The White House Cabinet, Ms. Natasha Srdoc – Co-Founder & Chairman Adriatic Institute for Public Policy& International Leaders Summit and Mr. Joel AnandSamy – Co-Founder – The International Leaders Summit
- Guest Lecture on Analytics and its Employment Opportunities by Mr. Satish Kumar on 30th September, 2014.
- Guest Lecture on ” An Introduction to Technical Analysis on Stock Market” byMr. Jagadish V Ahuja, Director PCS Securities Ltd on 10th September, 2014.
- Guest lecture on “Lean Six Sigma” byMr. A.R. Asokan from De Quest Management Services, Bangalore on 5th April, 2014.
- Guest Lecture on Capital Market Awareness by Mr.Saurabh Chacko, Asst.Manager, National Stock Exchange of India Ltd. on 7th February, 2014.
- Demonstration lecture on Chinese Language by Mr. Swaminatha, Ms. Abilasha; The Mandarin (Chinese) School of India on 5th February, 2014.
- At 4th Colloquium, lecture by Guest Speaker Dr. Elenna R. Dugundji from UniversiteitvanAmsterdam, Netherlands on “Modeling User Behavior in Adoption and Diffusion of Twitter Client Software”
- Guest Lecture on 7th September, 2013 on “Mapping Communities in Large Virtual Social Networks” by Dr. Elenna R. Dugundji (Universiteit van Amsterdam, Netherlands)
- Guest Lecture on 27th December, 2013 on “Investment Banking” by MrAbhay Kumar Lalan, Associate Director- Investment Banking, HSBC