MSRIM Library has a comprehensive collection of literature predominantly related to management and its allied subjects to meet the information needs of its users. Most of the library’s activities are computerized using “LIBSOFT”, an integrated library software package. Some of the major services rendered by the library are reference, circulation, current awareness information, reprographic, bibliographic, data search facilities, resource sharing with other libraries etc.
- Reference Service: Library houses all important reference sources like Encyclopaedias, Dictionaries, handbooks and Manuals, Statistics, Yearbooks. The collection ranges from general to subject specific sources. All the reference sources are housed in the Reference Section. Users can also contact staff on duty for any assistance. Library also has access to online reference sources which may be accessed from the library website.
- Circulation: Circulation Section handles the Front Desk operations of the library and is very important because it is the first contact point for faculty and users to the library. Major activities of the Section are issue/returns of the learning resources, Registration of new members and issue of Library card for users, Operation of “Circulation Module” of Library Management Software LIBSOFT, Maintenance and updatating of all data related to learning materials and users at Circulation desk in LIBSOFT software.
- Current Awareness Service: In order to keep library users aware about the latest additions, the following are displayed on a regular basis; Recent addition of books, Newspaper clippings, News items of interest.
- Newspaper Clipping Service: News items related to the management education, Institute and AICTE notifications appearing in the newspapers are distributed to all the departments of the Institute.
- Selective Dissemination of Information: In order to keep abreast with the areas of their interest, Library notifies the material that matches the interest of library users.
- Inter-Library Loan: Library maintains an inter-library loan arrangement with leading local libraries like IIM Bangalore Library, British Council Library, etc. Apart from this, library also has the membership with DELNET. Reprography Service: Institute library has a reprographic facility inside the library.
- Internet Services: The knowledge resources of the library are available in a networked environment with Internet connectivity of 8 Mbps bandwidth. The online connectivity provides continuous access to various databases. Major database collection includes EBSCO Business Source Premier, J-Gate – Social and Management Science, Capitaline corporate database and Sage Online Journals
- Digital Library: The state-of-art Digital Library of MSRIM has 8 high-end multi-media computers. These computers are particularly useful for students in accessing the online learning modules provided to the Institute by ICICI.
- Information Literacy/Library orientation: Library conducts Information Literacy/User Education/Orientation programmes to all in the beginning of the academic year. Besides this, these awareness programmes are conducted when requested by users from time to time.
The Library has a total collection of more then 15230 volumes, 9866 title, 110 National and international journals, EBSCO Business Source Premier, J-GATE & ACE analyzer Databases. IIM-Bangalore and British council Library and DELNET institutional membership. Some of the major services rendered by the library are reference, circulation, current awareness information, reprographic, bibliographic, data search facilities.