Dr.Sonali Sandipta Sahoo
Dr.Sonali Sandipta Sahoo - Assistant Professor
About the Faculty
Dr. Sonali SandiptaSahoo is an Assistant Professor in the area of HR and Operations at Ramaiah Institute of Management. She has completed her PhD in Strategic Change Management from Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur. She has been awarded the UGC NET in 2012.
Her thesis is focused on antecedents, process and consequences of strategic changes in organizations. She has published in international and national peer-reviewed journals and presented her papers at several reputed international and national conferences such as International Congress of Psychology.
Area of Research
Strategic Change Management, HRM policies, Employee Engagement, CSR, Training Systems, Quality Circles, Rehabilitation and Resettlement Policies, Organizational Effectiveness, Quality Management Systems.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.), Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
- Master of Business Administration(MBA) in HR & POM, Utkal University
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in Electronics & Telecommunication, BPUT University
Assistant Professor, Ramaiah Institute of Management, Bengaluru
- Sahoo, S. S., & Srivastava, K. B. L. (2018). Modified Balance Scorecard: A Strategic Change Success Measurement Technique. Asia Pacific Journal of Research, 1(6), 128 –134.
- Sahoo, S. S., & Srivastava, K. B. L. (2015). Exploring the Antecedents and Process of Successful Strategic Changes in International Business Research Conference Emerging Trends in Business Management, Excel Publications, 133-144.
- Sahoo, S. S., &Mohanty, P. K. (2015). Training and its Effectiveness- A Study of State Bank of India. Indian Journal of Training and Development, 45(1), 19-28.
- Sahoo, S. S., Mohanty, L., &Mohanty, P. K. (2012). Quality Circles and its impact- Study in NALCO. Personnel Today, 32(4), 31-45.
- Sahoo, S. S., Mohanty, L., &Mohanty, P. K. (2012). Rehabilitation and Resettlement Policy in Odisha- A Special Study in Nalco in S. K. Tripathy et al (eds), Contemporary Issues in Human Resource Management- Development Initiatives, Himalaya Publishing House, 22-34.
- Sahoo, S. S., &Mohanty, P. K. (2011). Correlates of Employee Engagement-A study in CESU in B. N. Mishra & S. K. Tripathy (eds), Employee Engagement and HR Practices, Himalaya Publishing House, 11-20.
Subjects of Interest
Operations Management,Quality Management, Robotics, Tribology, Thermo-Mechanical processing of materials,Composite Materials, Engineering software (Cae-Patran and Nastran, Pro/E), Concurrent Engineering (Taguchi Methods, solid works, Design for Manufacturing, Integrated Product Development), Advanced Design of machine components, Computer Integrated Manufacturing (Process model, Cellular mfg, Flexible mfg, Automated and Manual Assembly lines, Automated and control systems), Contemporary Manufacturing Operations (Life Cycle Cost, Regression Analysis, Failure Mode Effect and Analysis (FMEA), Design of Experiments (DOE), Theory of Constraints(TOC), Injection Molding (Mold Flow Software- Plastic Advisor and Plastic Insight) and Business Statistics
Conference &Conference Proceedings
- Presented Paper in 3rd National HR Conference on The Paradigm Shift Towards Sustainability in Jain University, Bengaluru in Feb 2018.
- Presented Paper at International Seminar on Strategic Human Resource Management, PMIR Dept, UtkalUniversity, Bhubaneswar in May 2017 with proceedings.
- Presented Paper in Emerging Psychologists Program at International Congress of Psychology, Yokohama, Japan in July 2016 with conference proceedings in International Journal of Psychology, Vol 51, Issue S1.
- Presented Paper on the track “General Management (Industrial Psychology)” at the International Congress of Psychology, Yokohama, Japan in July 2016 with conference proceedings in International Journal of Psychology, Vol 51, Issue S1.
- Presented Paper on the track “Corporate Practices for Competitive Advantage” in the International Business Research Conference held by IMI in Feb 2015.
- Presented Paper at International Seminar on Contemporary Issues in Human Resource Management- Development Initiatives, PMIR Dept, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar in May 2012.
- Presented Paper at National Conference on Emerging Markets and Inclusive Growth: A New Perspective, FM University, Balasore in March 2012 with conference proceedings.
- Presented Paper in All India Summer Internship Project Competition held by Indian Society for Training and Development, Jamshedpur, Feb 2012.
- Presented Paper at International Seminar on Employee Engagement and HR practices, PMIR Dept, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar in May 2011.
- Emerging Psychologists Award at ICP 2016 in July, Yokohama,Japan.
- Best Research Paper Award in the track “Corporate Practices for Competitive Advantage” in the International Business Research Conference held by IMI in Feb 2015.
- Qualified UGC National Eligibility Test 2012
- 1st Prize Winner of Young Talent Award in Summer Internship Project Competition organized by Indian Society for Training and Development, Jamshedpur Chapter, EAST Zone in Feb 2012.
- Prof. PranKrushnaParija Award 2011 for meritorious students at State University Level.
- Award winner in Technical Paper Presentation and Robotics in Several B.Tech College Tech Fest.
- NCC Certificate holder ‘A’ in 2003, ‘B’ in 2007, ‘C’ in2008.
- National Sahara Scholarship Award Winner 2007 in NCC.