Dr. Padmaja V
Dr. Padmaja V
About the Faculty
Dr V Padmaja has 24+years of experience and is currently working as Associate Professor and Head of Training and MDP at Ramaiah Institute of Management,where she has been teaching since 2009. She completed PhD in Management from Singhania University and Post Graduation in PM-IR (specialization in HRD) from XISS, Ranchi. She started her professional career with Heavy Engineering Corporation, (a Govt. of India Enterprise),Ranchi and subsequently worked in private firms in Delhi, and Chennai. She is a certified PPA (Personal Profile Analysis) trainer by Thomas Assessments. Pvt. Ltd.
She is actively involved in Training and Consulting, and has conducted and been invited as a resource person for various corporates (both private and public sector including ESIC, Power Grid Corporation, Coir Board, All India Manufacturers’ Organization) in the areas of leadership, team-building, corporate etiquette and inter-personal skills. Her teaching areas include OB-HR and General Management. She has presented many research papers in various national and international conferences including IIMs. She is an approved Research Supervisor at Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences since May 2019. Her current areas of interest in research include Leadership Development, Social Entrepreneurship and Higher Education. She was the recipient of Best Faculty Guide Award for three consecutive years for guiding students for Summer Internship during her tenure at ICFAI National College.
She is a life member of professional organizations such as NHRD Network, NIPM and Bangalore Management Association and has actively coordinated to enhance the academic-industryinterface.
PhD from Singhania University,Rajasthan. Topic: Impact of Training on Sales Force Performance
Post-Graduation: PG Diploma in Personnel Management(specialization in HRD)
B.Com from Osmania Univeristy
- Work Experience: Above 24
- Academic Experience: Above 13
- Industry Experience: 11 years (Heavy Engineering Corporation, Hotline Wittiis, ICFAI National College
- OB,, HRM, HRD, SHRM, Leadership, Knowledge Management, Organization Development and Change Management, Legal Aspects of Business
Areas of Expertise
Certified PPA (Personal Profile Analysis) trainer by Thomas Assessments. Pvt. Ltd.
- “Usage of Beacon Technology: An innovative way of reshaping Retail Marketing” –Sahar Sayeed and V.Padmaja- research paper published as proceeds of International Conference on Digital Entrepreneurship, conducted by School of Management, Presidency University,Bengaluru, in association with Global Journal of Enterprise Information System, Cengage Publications, Feb 8th and 9th 2019
- “Leveraging the web and social media for re-branding of B-Schools”- article published in NIPM (Karnataka Chapter) Newsletter Dec 2018 issue
- A study of Compensation and Benefits Structure and Support Enterprises Resources Planning implementation in E-commerce platform- Dr. V Padmaja *Ms.DeepikaJadhav, published in International Journal of Management, IT & Engineering Vol. 8 Issue 5(1), May 2018, ISSN: 2249-0558 Impact Factor: 7.119
- “Problems and Challenges Faced by Human Resources in Supply Chain Management” Dr.V.Padmaja and NallollaSrikanth, M S Ramaiah Management Review, ISSN-0975-7988Vol 9 Issue 2
- “Understanding the dynamics of female buying behavior- A study of branded personal care products”, Dr. V Padmaja and Ms. RojanaParvin, M S Ramaiah Management Review,ISSN-0975-7988, Vol 10 Issue 1 Jan-June 2019
- A Study On the Factors Affecting the Brand Loyalty Towards Apple Products- Authors, Dr. V. Padmaja and Ms. PaidipatiDivya, M S Ramaiah Management Review, Vol 9 Issue 1 Jan-June 2018, ISSN-0975-7988,
- ‘A study on consumer buying behavior towards organic food products,Dr.V.Padmaja and Nikhil Parashar,International Journal of Applied Engineering Research (IJAER), Volume 13, Number 01 (2018) Special Issue, Research India Publications, Delhi. Paper published as proceeds of National Conference(NCGEESD-18) on 09th and 10th March, 2018 at Presidency University, Bangalore https://www.ripublication.com/Volume/ijaerv13n1spl.htm
- A study of Performance Appraisal System implemented at Tata Motors,M S Ramaiah Management Review, Vol 6 issue 1 Jan-June, 2015, ISSN-0975-7988
- A study on the impact of Knowledge Management practices in MSMEs in Bangalore, India,M S Ramaiah Management Review, Vol 8 Issue 2 July-Dec 2017, ISSN-0975-7988
- ‘Qualitative Dimensions of Brand Audit: An exploratory analysis for measuring the immeasurable’- published in SJCC Management Research Review- ISSN-2249-4359, Vol7, No.1, June 2017
- Training Evaluation: Techniques and best practices for organizational effectiveness,June 2012 Volume1 issue 6,International Journal of Trends in Human Resource Management, ISSN?0976?9706
- Enhancing Employment and Developmental Opportunities by promoting the usage of ICT in Rural India, Perspectives in Rural Marketing and Management, Excel Books, ISBN: 978-93-5062-007-6, First Edition, New Delhi
- Article published in Deccan Herald-Avenues, November 2008 titled TRUE ASSETS OF AN ORGANISATION-PEOPLE OR SYSTEMS?
- Book Review: “CEO MATERIAL: HOW TO BE A LEADER IN ANY ORGANIZATION” by D.A. Benton, published in M.S. Ramaiah Management Review Journal, Vol 2, (Issue: Jan-June,2010, ISSN No. 0975-7988) in the year 2010
- Article titled ‘Job-Interviews’ published in HRM Review Magazine, ICFAI Publications, Oct 2008 issue
- Article titled ‘Peer-pressure-its repercussions in organizations’ published in MBA Review Magazine, ICFAI Publications, Dec 2008
Life Member of NIPM,National HRD Network, Bangalore Management Association, eMerge, AWAKE
Training and Consultancy
- Resource Person for one-day MDP on PEOPLE ANALYTICS conducted at RIM Session handled: “Linking HR to strategic drivers of business”
- Chief facilitator and coach for a one-day Leadership Training Program titled “Enhancing Leadership Skills for Managers” conducted by All India Manufacturers’ Organization, date- 17th May,2019. Total number of participants was 19 from MSMEs, MNCs, large companies and Academics.
- Invited as a resource person to participate in the two-day National Consultation workshop conducted by Mahatma Gandhi National Council of Rural Education-MGNCRE(Ministry of HRD, GoI) on 11th & 12th January,2019 at Hyderabad. The purpose of the workshop was to discuss and deliberate on the course curriculum devised by MGNCRE for the two-year MBA curriculum on Waste Management and Environmental Hygiene.
- Invited as a resource person at The School of Commerce & Management Studies, Dayanand Sagar University, Bangalore, conducted a session on “Case Study approach in Research” for an ICSSR sponsored 10-day Research Methodology Workshop on “Business Research Skills Enhancement and Intensive Proposal Writing” for Social Science faculty and research scholars from across the country.
- Invited by Ramaiah Public Policy Centre to be a part of the Round Table on 'Urban Solid Waste Management in India' held on 26th July,2019.
- Part of the prestigious Project Chetana held at RIM, the project was sponsored by the Department of IT,BT and S&T, Govt.of Karnataka- Handled sessions (Oct 2016 and Dec 2017) for the girl students who have topped in SSLC exams.
- Resource person for ESIC training programs- for the newly appointed Social Security Officers and UDCs in December 2017, Feb 2018 and June 2018.
- Was instrumental in expediting a three-day training program during 25 – 27 Oct 2017 at Employee Development Centre (EDC) Hosurfor POWER GRID CORPORATION OF INDIA LTD (a Navaratna company, Govt.of India enterprise). The title of the program was “The art of connecting with people and building relationships”.
- The Regional Office of COIR BOARD (Ministry of Micro Small and Medium Enterprises) had conducted a program to celebrate National Entrepreneurship Day held on 9th November 2017. Was invited to speak on "Speeding up the national spirit for entrepreneurship in youth".
- Invited as a Resource Person, for a training program on HRD (Behavioral Science-Development and quality of work, Organizational Behavior, Group and Intergroup Behavior, application of communication and motivation theories) for COIR BOARD for their Cluster Development Executives held on 31st July 2017. Overall 35 participants (Cluster Development Executives) from specified clusters had attended the session. The participants were from Gujarat, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka.
- Resource person for a Faculty Development Program at MSRIT on ‘Innovative Teaching Pedagogy’. This FDP was conducted for the Faculty of other schools and colleges affiliated to Gokula Education Foundation
Awards and Recognitions
Was adjudged Best Faculty Guide for three consecutive years at ICFAI National College during Summer Internship, received cash award