Dr. Padmaja V
Dr. Padmaja V
About the Faculty
Dr V Padmaja has a total of 27+ years of experience and is currently working as Professor & Head- Centre for Leadership with Ramaiah Institute of Management, Bangalore. She has been associated with the Institute since 2009. She completed PhD in the area of Training & Development on the topic ‘Impact of training on Sales Force Performance.’ After completing PGDPM from XISS in 1994, she worked for about 12 years both Govt (Heavy Engineering Corporation, Ranchi) and private sector (Hotline Wittis, Netvision) in Chennai and Delhi-NCR. Her passion for training motivated her to shift her career towards higher education. At Ramaiah Institute of Management, apart from teaching, she is actively involved in Training, Research and Consulting, she has conducted and been invited as a resource person from various private (Huawei, Syngene International) and Govt. organizations (Power Grid Corporation, ESIC, Coir Board). She regularly conducts training programs in the areas of leadership, emotional intelligence, social entrepreneurship, networking for success and other life skills. She actively coordinates with industry to enhance the academic-industry interface at RIM.
She is associated with leading NGOs in Bangalore and has conducted capacity-building workshops for entrepreneurs. She is an external examiner for PhD scholars, thesis evaluation, BoS for various B-Schools. She has published in Scopus-indexed journals and presented research papers in various national and international conferences including IIMs and TISS in the areas of Higher Education, Social Entrepreneurship and Leadership. She has chaired track sessions in various international conferences and is often invited by leading B-Schools to deliver sessions of contemporary relevance. She is a regular invited jury member for Karnataka Start-Up Cell and MANTHAN business plans conducted by FKCCI, Bangalore. Her research areas include Leadership Social Entrepreneurship, Start-ups, Higher Education, Diversity & Inclusion. She is an approved Research Supervisor at Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences since May 2019 and is currently guiding three research scholars. She believes that experiential learning is the best method to bridge the gap between classroom theory and practice.
At her personal front, she has authored a book titled “WINTER ALWAYS TURNS TO SPRING” (publisher-Let’s Author, book was released in April2023) the book is a first-of-its-kind that delves into survival stories and narratives of the Covid-19 pandemic.
PhD from Singhania University,Rajasthan. Topic: Impact of Training on Sales Force Performance
Post-Graduation: PG Diploma in Personnel Management(specialization in HRD)
B.Com from Osmania Univeristy
- Work Experience: Above 24
- Academic Experience: Above 13
- Industry Experience: 11 years (Heavy Engineering Corporation, Hotline Wittiis, ICFAI National College
- OB,, HRM, HRD, SHRM, Leadership, Knowledge Management, Organization Development and Change Management, Legal Aspects of Business
Areas of Expertise
Certified PPA (Personal Profile Analysis) trainer by Thomas Assessments. Pvt. Ltd.
- “Usage of Beacon Technology: An innovative way of reshaping Retail Marketing” –Sahar Sayeed and V.Padmaja- research paper published as proceeds of International Conference on Digital Entrepreneurship, conducted by School of Management, Presidency University,Bengaluru, in association with Global Journal of Enterprise Information System, Cengage Publications, Feb 8th and 9th 2019
- “Leveraging the web and social media for re-branding of B-Schools”- article published in NIPM (Karnataka Chapter) Newsletter Dec 2018 issue
- A study of Compensation and Benefits Structure and Support Enterprises Resources Planning implementation in E-commerce platform- Dr. V Padmaja *Ms.DeepikaJadhav, published in International Journal of Management, IT & Engineering Vol. 8 Issue 5(1), May 2018, ISSN: 2249-0558 Impact Factor: 7.119
- “Problems and Challenges Faced by Human Resources in Supply Chain Management” Dr.V.Padmaja and NallollaSrikanth, M S Ramaiah Management Review, ISSN-0975-7988Vol 9 Issue 2
- “Understanding the dynamics of female buying behavior- A study of branded personal care products”, Dr. V Padmaja and Ms. RojanaParvin, M S Ramaiah Management Review,ISSN-0975-7988, Vol 10 Issue 1 Jan-June 2019
- A Study On the Factors Affecting the Brand Loyalty Towards Apple Products- Authors, Dr. V. Padmaja and Ms. PaidipatiDivya, M S Ramaiah Management Review, Vol 9 Issue 1 Jan-June 2018, ISSN-0975-7988,
- ‘A study on consumer buying behavior towards organic food products,Dr.V.Padmaja and Nikhil Parashar,International Journal of Applied Engineering Research (IJAER), Volume 13, Number 01 (2018) Special Issue, Research India Publications, Delhi. Paper published as proceeds of National Conference(NCGEESD-18) on 09th and 10th March, 2018 at Presidency University, Bangalore https://www.ripublication.com/Volume/ijaerv13n1spl.htm
- A study of Performance Appraisal System implemented at Tata Motors,M S Ramaiah Management Review, Vol 6 issue 1 Jan-June, 2015, ISSN-0975-7988
- A study on the impact of Knowledge Management practices in MSMEs in Bangalore, India,M S Ramaiah Management Review, Vol 8 Issue 2 July-Dec 2017, ISSN-0975-7988
- ‘Qualitative Dimensions of Brand Audit: An exploratory analysis for measuring the immeasurable’- published in SJCC Management Research Review- ISSN-2249-4359, Vol7, No.1, June 2017
- Training Evaluation: Techniques and best practices for organizational effectiveness,June 2012 Volume1 issue 6,International Journal of Trends in Human Resource Management, ISSN?0976?9706
- Enhancing Employment and Developmental Opportunities by promoting the usage of ICT in Rural India, Perspectives in Rural Marketing and Management, Excel Books, ISBN: 978-93-5062-007-6, First Edition, New Delhi
- Article published in Deccan Herald-Avenues, November 2008 titled TRUE ASSETS OF AN ORGANISATION-PEOPLE OR SYSTEMS?
- Book Review: “CEO MATERIAL: HOW TO BE A LEADER IN ANY ORGANIZATION” by D.A. Benton, published in M.S. Ramaiah Management Review Journal, Vol 2, (Issue: Jan-June,2010, ISSN No. 0975-7988) in the year 2010
- Article titled ‘Job-Interviews’ published in HRM Review Magazine, ICFAI Publications, Oct 2008 issue
- Article titled ‘Peer-pressure-its repercussions in organizations’ published in MBA Review Magazine, ICFAI Publications, Dec 2008
Life Member of NIPM,National HRD Network, Bangalore Management Association, eMerge, AWAKE
Training and Consultancy
- Resource Person for one-day MDP on PEOPLE ANALYTICS conducted at RIM Session handled: “Linking HR to strategic drivers of business”
- Chief facilitator and coach for a one-day Leadership Training Program titled “Enhancing Leadership Skills for Managers” conducted by All India Manufacturers’ Organization, date- 17th May,2019. Total number of participants was 19 from MSMEs, MNCs, large companies and Academics.
- Invited as a resource person to participate in the two-day National Consultation workshop conducted by Mahatma Gandhi National Council of Rural Education-MGNCRE(Ministry of HRD, GoI) on 11th & 12th January,2019 at Hyderabad. The purpose of the workshop was to discuss and deliberate on the course curriculum devised by MGNCRE for the two-year MBA curriculum on Waste Management and Environmental Hygiene.
- Invited as a resource person at The School of Commerce & Management Studies, Dayanand Sagar University, Bangalore, conducted a session on “Case Study approach in Research” for an ICSSR sponsored 10-day Research Methodology Workshop on “Business Research Skills Enhancement and Intensive Proposal Writing” for Social Science faculty and research scholars from across the country.
- Invited by Ramaiah Public Policy Centre to be a part of the Round Table on 'Urban Solid Waste Management in India' held on 26th July,2019.
- Part of the prestigious Project Chetana held at RIM, the project was sponsored by the Department of IT,BT and S&T, Govt.of Karnataka- Handled sessions (Oct 2016 and Dec 2017) for the girl students who have topped in SSLC exams.
- Resource person for ESIC training programs- for the newly appointed Social Security Officers and UDCs in December 2017, Feb 2018 and June 2018.
- Was instrumental in expediting a three-day training program during 25 – 27 Oct 2017 at Employee Development Centre (EDC) Hosurfor POWER GRID CORPORATION OF INDIA LTD (a Navaratna company, Govt.of India enterprise). The title of the program was “The art of connecting with people and building relationships”.
- The Regional Office of COIR BOARD (Ministry of Micro Small and Medium Enterprises) had conducted a program to celebrate National Entrepreneurship Day held on 9th November 2017. Was invited to speak on "Speeding up the national spirit for entrepreneurship in youth".
- Invited as a Resource Person, for a training program on HRD (Behavioral Science-Development and quality of work, Organizational Behavior, Group and Intergroup Behavior, application of communication and motivation theories) for COIR BOARD for their Cluster Development Executives held on 31st July 2017. Overall 35 participants (Cluster Development Executives) from specified clusters had attended the session. The participants were from Gujarat, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka.
- Resource person for a Faculty Development Program at MSRIT on ‘Innovative Teaching Pedagogy’. This FDP was conducted for the Faculty of other schools and colleges affiliated to Gokula Education Foundation
Awards and Recognitions
Was adjudged Best Faculty Guide for three consecutive years at ICFAI National College during Summer Internship, received cash award