- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 230
About The Faculty
Prof. Meghna Verma is a faculty of marketing and analytics at RIM since 2009. She has over 20 years of industry, teaching and research experience, and has worked with reputed industrial firms like Anchor Electronics & Electricals Ltd., Nilkamal Plastics Ltd., Time Packaging Ltd., Unichem Pharma (Foreva Division).
Prof. Meghna is a co-investigator in Indo –Dutch Research Project, ‘The Kumbh Mela Experiment’ funded jointly by the Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY), Govt. of India and Netherlands Organization for Scientific Research (NWO), Netherlands which is also mentioned by NITI Aayog as one of the best-use cases of Artificial Intelligence in the country. She has given presentation on her work related to this project in reputed B-Schools like Copenhagen Business School, Denmark and Darmstadt University Germany.
She has published many research papers in Journals listed in ABDC and SJR ranking and presented research papers in conferences held in IIT Bombay, IIM Indore, Brazil, Srilanka to mention a few. She has delivered webinars on ‘Demarketing’, advocating local brands and strategies to transform them into global brands.
She is a Reviewer of Reputed Journals of Elsevier, Taylor & Francis, and Springer like Journal of Convention and Tourism, Travel Behaviour and Society, Case Studies on Transport Policy, Transportation Research Part D: Transport and Environment etc. She has traveled to many countries across the globe, including Denmark, Germany, Spain, Netherlands, Norway, Switzerland, Russia, Brazil, U.K., USA, Portugal, France, Sri Lanka and Bhutan for both personal and professional work.
She was invited as an expert to Conduct Capacity Building Workshop focused on Cycle Day, Bangalore, for officials of Directorate of Urban Land Transport (DULT), Bangalore. During her tenure at RIM, she was Conference coordinator during 2010 and 2012 RIM conference, Faculty incharge –Alumni Matters for three years, Mentored students of Marketing Club for three years and have been an active member of multiple functional committees.
Area of Research
Prof.Meghna Verma’s research work is mainly focused on consumer behavior towards- tourism, women safety, social media marketing, e-tailing, marketing of sustainable transport services, and crowd behaviour in mass religious events etc. Her ongoing work is in the area of Retail and use of AI in marketing.
Courses Taught: Consumer Behaviour and Market Research, Marketing Management, Retail Management, Services Marketing, Business Analytics, Statistics for Managers, Operations Research.
M.B. A (Marketing & HR), M.Sc (Applied Mathematics). Currently pursuing Ph.D. from Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
- Currently Assistant Professor, RIM
- Prof Meghna Verma has worked with reputed industrial firms like Anchor Electronics & Electricals Ltd., Nilkamal Plastics Ltd., Time Packaging Ltd., Unichem Pharma (Foreva Division).
- Research Scholar at Indian Institute of Science
- She is a Reviewer of Reputed Journals of Elsevier, Taylor and Francis and Springer, like Journal of Convention and Tourism (Q3-SJR Ranking), Travel Behaviour and Society (Q1-SJR Ranking), Case Studies on Transport Policy (Q1-SJR Ranking), Transportation Research Part D: Transport and Environment (Q1-SJR Ranking), Public Transport (Q2-SJR Ranking)
Editorial Board Member of Journal ‘Transportation Management’, https://systems.enpress-publisher.com/index.php/TM/about/editorialTeam
Awards and Recognitions
- Prof. Meghna Verma was one of the co-investigators in Indo –Dutch Research Project titled, “The Kumbh Mela Experiment (KME): Measuring and Understanding the dynamics of mankind’s largest crowd,” funded jointly by the Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY), Govt. of India and Netherlands Organization for Scientific Research (NWO), Netherlands. The project has been mentioned as one of the best-use cases of Artificial Intelligence in the country by NITI Aayog in its white paper titled, National Strategy for Artificial Intelligence’.
- Recipient of “Best Paper Award” for the research paper -Verma Meghna, Mathew Rachel (2014), “SCRM-A Sustainable Marketing Strategy or a Threat”, Conference on Emerging Trends in Business, Christ University, December ,11-12,2014 - Bangalore
- She has publications in high impact Journals like Journal of Convention & Event Tourism, Sustainable Cities and Society, Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Transportation Research Part F: Traffic Psychology and Behaviour, Journal of Transport Geography, Indian Journal of Marketing, Prabandhan: Indian Journal of Management, International Journal of Tourism Policy.
- Invited to deliver guest lecture at Copenhagen Business School, Denmark and Technische Universität Darmstadt, Germany.
Journal and Other Publications
- Meghna Verma, A Verma, M Khan (2020), “Factors Influencing the Adoption of Electric Vehicles in Bengaluru”, Springer Publication, Transportation in Developing Economies 6 (2), 1-10
- I Narsaria, Meghna Verma, A Verma, (2020), “Measuring Satisfaction of Rental Car Services in India for Policy Lessons”, Elsevier Journal, Case Studies on Transport Policy Q1 in SJR 2019
- H Trivedi, Meghna Verma, (2019) “Exploring the influence of Service Quality on the Religious Tourists' experience”, Taylor & Francis, International Journal of Tourism Policy 9 (3), 181-200, Q4 in SJR Ranking 2019
- Meghna Verma, P Sarangi (2019), “Modeling attributes of religious tourism: A study of Kumbh Mela, India”, Journal of Convention & Event Tourism, 1-29, Taylor and Francis Publication, Q3 in SJR ranking
- Verma A., Verma Meghna., Rahul T. M., Khurana S., Rai A., (2019) “Measuring Accessibility of Various Facilities by Walking in World’s Largest Mass Religious Gathering - Kumbh Mela”. Elsevier Journal, Sustainable Cities and Society, 45, pp 79-86, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scs.2018.11.038A - SJR- Q1
- Verma A, Verma Meghna, T M Rahul, S Khurana, A Rai (2018), “Acceptable Trip Distance for Walking in Mass Religious Gatherings-A Case Study of World’s Largest Human Gathering Kumbh Mela in Ujjain” , India , Elsevier, Sustainable Cities and Society, 41, pp 505-512 SJR- Q1
- Verma, Meghna., Verma A, Sagar Khurana (2018), Influence of Travel Motivation and Demographic Factors on Tourist Participation on World’s Largest Mass Religious Gathering –The Kumbh Mela, Prabandhan: Indian Journal of Management, Volume 11; Issue 8, ISSN No. 0975-2854, SJR-Q3-2019 Ranking
- Verma Meghna., Rahul T. M., Vinayak P., Verma, A. (2018) “Influence of Childhood and Adulthood Attitudinal Perceptions on Bicycle Usage in the Bangalore City”, Elsevier, Journal of Transport Geography, 72, pp.94-105, SJR -Q1, ABDC -A
- Meghna Verma, S. Supriya (2018), Measuring Attitude towards Green Products, M S M S Ramaiah Management Review, Volume 9, Issue 3, ISSN-0975-7988
- Meghna Verma, Yashank H.M(2018), An Analysis of Factors Affecting Airport Shopping Behavior of Air Travelers in Bangalore, M S Ramaiah Management Review, Volume 9, Issue 3, ISSN-0975-7988
- Meghna Verma, Manoj M., Verma A. (2017), “Analysis of Aspiration for Owning a Car Among Youths in a City of a Developing Country, India”. Transportation in Developing Economies (TiDE), Springer, 3(1), pp.1-9.
- Meghna Verma, Manoj M., Rodeja N., Verma A. (2017). “Service Gap Analysis of Public Buses in Bangalore With Respect to Women Safety”. Transportation Research Procedia, Elsevier, 25(C), pp.4326-4333.
- Meghna Verma, M. Manoj, Verma A (2016), “Analysis of the influences of attitudinal factors on car ownership decisions among urban young adults in a developing country like India”, Transportation Research Part F: Traffic Psychology and Behaviour, Elsevier Journal, SJR-Q2, ABDC-A
- Meghna Verma, T.M. Rahul, Reddy P.V., Verma A (2016), “The factors influencing bicycling in the Bangalore city”, Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier Journal, Volume 89, pp. 29-40
- Meghna Verma, (2015), "Growing Car Ownership and Dependence in India and its Policy Implications”; Case Studies on Transport Policy, Elsevier. 3(3), pp. 304-310. SJR-Q2, ABDC-C
- Meghna Verma, Saranya R (2014), “Role of Gender in Influencing Consumer’s Attitude Towards On-Line Advertising ", Indian Journal of Marketing, Volume 44, Issue 12, pg.32-46, December 2014, ISSN No. 0973-8703;
- Meghna Verma, Verma A., Ajith P., Sneha S, (2014), “Urban Bus Transport Service Quality and Sustainable Development: Understanding the Gaps”, Indian Journal of Transport Management, Volume 38; Number 2, pp. 98-112, ISSN 0972-5695
- Meghna Verma (2013) “Developing Corporate Visual Identity (CVI) in Indian Context.” Business Review (IBR), Vol 3, Issue 1, pp.46-54, e-ISSN 2249-5444, p-ISSN 2249-816
- Meghna Verma (2013) “3G Users Perception of Service Quality: Indian Perspective”, PES Business Review, Vol.8, Issue 1, pp.47-58. ISSN 0973 – 919X
- Meghna Verma, Anvekar S, (2011) “Emotional Support and Work-Life Balance: A study of Married Women Employees”, M.S. Ramaiah Management Review, Vol.III, Issue 1, pp.94-98, ISSN: 0975-7988.
- Meghna Verma (2010), Book Review: “Guide to Management Ideas and Gurus”, by Tim Hindle, in M S Ramaiah Management Review Journal, Vol.2, Issue 2, pp.50, ISSN No. 0975-7988.;
- Meghna Verma, Anvekar S (2010) “Propelling Corporate India: Strategies Challenges”, Edited Book of Abstracts, Excel Publishers, India ISBN:978-93-80697-06-2.
- Nidhi Singh, MeghnaVerma (2020), “A study on the impact of COVID-19 on Currency Exchange and Stock Market”, Virtual Conference on “Global Deceleration: Emergence of New Economy”, 27th August 2020, Ramaiah Institute of Management
- Meghna Verma, Aishwarya Chandrashekar (2020), “Sentiment Analytics on Indian Restaurants with User-Generated Content-A case study of India”, January 9-11, 2020 ,13th International Conference on Marketing - MARKCON 2020, Indus Business Academy, Bangalore
- Meghna Verma, ,(2019), “Role of Digital feedbacks :Measuring sentiments through Tweets , a case of OLA”,
- Hitendra Trivedi, Meghna Verma, (2019), “Measuring Sentiments of Netizens towards Kumbh Mela 2019” ,26-29 July, 2019, NASMEI 2019 Summer Marketing & Information System Conference organised by IIM Indore
- Meghna Verma, N. Rodeja, M. Malayath, A Verma (2019), “Young women’s perception of safety in public buses: A study of two Indian cities (Ahmedabad and Bangalore)”, 15th World Conference on Transport Research (WCTR), May 25 -31 ,2019, IIT Bombay, Mumbai
- Meghna Verma, Rahul T.M., Verma A (2017), Bicycling in Developing countries- Role of Gender”, 4th Conference of Transportation Research Group of India (CTRG), 17th to 20th Dec. 2017, IIT Bombay, India
- Meghna Verma, Manoj M., Rodeja N., Verma A. (2017). “Service Gap Analysis of Public Buses in Bangalore With Respect to Women Safety”, 14th World Conference on Transport Research (WCTR), July 10-15, 2016, Shanghai, China, Published in Elsevier, Transportation Research Procedia, 25, 4322-4329
- Meghna Verma, Manoj, M., and Verma, A. (2015). “Analysis of aspiration for owning a car among youths in a city of a developing country, India”. 3rd Conference of Transportation Research Group of India (CTRG), 17th to 20th Dec. 2015, Kolkata, India.
- Meghna Verma, Roopakiran Yeluri, (2015), “Airport Retailing in India – Opportunities and Challenges” Airport Development Series Conference (AIRDEV conference), 4th to 6th Nov. 2015, IISc,Bangalore
- Meghna Verma, Rahul T.M., Reddy P.V., Verma A. (2015), “Attitude of people towards bicycling in the Bangalore city”, International Conference on Advances in Highway Engineering and Transportation Systems; University of Moratuwa, Colombo, Sri Lanka, 10-12 Aug. 2015.
- Meghna Verma, Mathew Rachel, (2014) “SCRM-A Sustainable Marketing Strategy or a Threat”, Conference on Emerging Trends in Business, Christ University, December ,11-12,2014 - Bangalore This paper received “Best Paper Award”; in the conference.
- Meghna Verma, A. Verma, Ajith P., Sneha S., (2013) “Urban Bus Transport Service Quality and Sustainable Development: Understanding the Gaps”, Selected Proceedings, 13th World Conference on Transport Research (WCTR), July 15-18, 2013; Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Meghna Verma, Chandrasekharan M., (2013), “Antecedents and Barriers of E-Loyalty”, 7th International Conference, Organised by The International Society for Competitiveness (ISC), Indiana University of Pennsylvania, USA, and Department of MBA, PES Institute of Technology, Bangalore, India, November 22-23, 2013. Paper published in Outcome Based Competitive Strategies: Issues & Challenges; (2014), ISBN:978-81-8429-109-4
- Meghna Verma, (2012) “Logo Modification: An effective marketing strategy for enhancing corporate visual identity by Indian Corporate going global”, NCETB-2012.
Member, World Conference on Transport Research Society (WCTRS).
Training and Consultancy
Conducted Capacity Building Workshop on “Marketing of Sustainable Transport – A Case Study of Cycle Day Bangalore”, for officials of Directorate of Urban Land Transport (DULT), Bangalore on 16th January 2015.
Completed two projects assigned by Institute
1.1 Meghna Verma, Snehal M, Sairam, 2018, Consultancy report on Competitive based pricing strategy for LiveActive Pain Oil.
1.2Meghna Verma, Snehal M, Sairam, 2018, Consultancy report on Competitive based pricing strategy for LiveActive Pain Balm.
2.Meghna Verma, Aravinda Reddy M N, “Market Survey Report to Evaluate the demand and necessity of certification course on CCTV Installation and Maintenance Conducted for Ramaiah Polytechnic College., January 2019
- Invited speaker for Three-day National Webinar Series on “Unlock India –A Management Perspective” from 6th to 8th June 2020 organised by JSPM’s Rajarshi Shahu College of Engineering, Department of MBA, Pune, Maharashtra. Delivered webinar on “Demarketing: A Required Wave in Marketing during and post COVID-19 Pandemic.”
- Resource person for a webinar on “Leverage The COVID-19 Pandemic for Better Quality of life through Demarketing”, held on 13th June 2020, organised by Mahakal Institute of Management, Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh
- Resource person for a Webinar on “Pandemic Time: Should we move from The Age of Marketing to the Age of Demarketing?”, held on 27th June 2020, organised by G H Raisoni University, School of Management Studies, Amravati, Maharashtra.